Thursday, March 24, 2016

Review: A Love & Murder Christmas by Edie Ramer



Book Blurb:

Good will to all, and peace on Earth. Even to those trying to kill you. 

Adam Donahue lives in the perfect vacation place – Door County, Wisconsin. But his life isn't perfect. His wife was killed by a drunk driver three years ago, and his twelve-year-old daughter has type one diabetes. Now his daughter claims a mythical pooka, in the shape of a giant cat only she can see, is living in her bedroom. It scares him enough to do something he hates – ask for help from his late wife's best friend. 

Lauren Finney's insurance agent husband disappeared four and a half years ago. Good riddance. Her Irish wolfhound is better company than he ever was. And she misses her best friend more than the missing husband, though Adam – her best friend 's widower – makes her heart beat faster. Now it's time to initiate divorce proceedings against her husband, before the prenup restrictions expire and he comes back to claim half her considerable assets. 

As soon as she starts the proceedings, bad things happen. Very bad things. 

Then Adam asks her help with his daughter, and good things happen. Very good things. 

It might be their very best Christmas ... or it might be their very last.

My Review:

I am really enjoying this series by Edie Ramer, and A Love & Murder Christmas is no exception!

Well paced and very intriguing, Edie pulled me right into Lauren and Adam's lives.  The Pooka that Adam's daughter sees is the catalyst to Lauren and Adam getting together, but it doesn't stop there!  Lauren has always been attracted to Adam, but he was her best friend's husband.  Little does she realize he's just as attracted to her, but guilt is a difficult thing to deal with.  At this point in their lives, there just might be a chance for them.  And they seem to just fit together.  Yes, there is tension and inner conflict on both of their parts, but the road to happily ever after isn't always easy.  As Lauren discovers when she starts divorce proceedings against her missing husband and suddenly someone seems out to get her...will she live to see a future with Adam?  Will she find out what happened to her husband?

I loved the well blended mix of paranormal, romance, and suspense in A Love & Murder Christmas!  I liked Adam and Lauren.  Even with a mythological creature inhabiting Adam's daughter's room and someone out to get Lauren they felt like real people.  Their struggles and feelings are believable.

The mystery in A Love & Murder Christmas was great and I couldn't wait to see where Edie took us on this part of the journey!  I loved what she did, the twists, and the surprising outcome.

I felt entranced and hopeful as I read, and all the emotions Edie took me through left me very excited for her next book in this series.  I would highly recommend A Love & Murder Christmas to any romance reader who likes a hint of paranormal and suspense.

5/5 stars

Purchase from Amazon.com

1 comment:

  1. Sue, your review is awesome! Thank you! The pooka idea came to me one night out of nowhere after I'd gone to bed. I didn't know if it would work but I loved the idea so much, I had to try it. I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete