Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Review: Montana Rebel (Big Sky Mavericks Book 9) by Debra Salonen



Book Blurb:

Justin Oberman‘s credo for living his adventurous–some might say death-defying–life to the max served him well until the unfortunate outcome of a climb made him walk away from the sport he loved. A lucrative new job offer could pave the way to a more traditional life in Marietta, Montana, where his two best friends have fallen in love with the women of their dreams. But settling down always seemed more daunting than Everest and not worth considering until a mysterious lady in red walks into his life on New Year’s Eve. Suddenly, that happily-ever-after stuff Flynn and Tucker have been raving about looks within reach. 

The first fall is always the hardest. 

Nikki Magnesson Richards has loved Justin Oberman most of her life. First, from the safety of her brothers’ old tree house. Later, with unrequited teen-age angst. Her poorly thought out attempt to get him to notice her cost them both dearly. Now, a dozen years later, her fairy godfather boss has orchestrated the most romantic meeting possible–the Big Sky Mavericks Masked Ball for Charity. A kiss at midnight with her very own Prince Charming isn’t too much to ask, is it? But what are two star-crossed lovers supposed to do when one kiss isn’t enough?


My Review:

I liked the fairy tale feel that simmered beneath the surface in Montana Rebel.  From Prince Charming to a Fairy Godfather, I was intrigued to see where Debra Salonen would take me in Montana Rebel.

I felt like it took a little too long to get into the main story, but once I was there I was there!  I liked Justin and Nikki as a hero and heroine.  I liked that the past met the present in a way that helped them both, and they dealt with what came their way in a mature manner.  I love this characteristic!  It was fun how they started off, and I liked how the relationship evolved.

It took a little while into the story before I had a good feel for the main characters, especially Justin, trying to piece together what made him who he was.  There are a host of secondary characters that we've seen in other book in this series (Big Sky Mavericks), and though Montana Rebel can be read as a stand alone I'd recommend reading the other books to understand all the characters!

Montana Rebel portrays everything from close knit friends and family to a bizarrely dysfunctional family, and it was striking to see how the characters involved turned out.

A story that give love and the future hope, I'd recommend Montana Rebel to any romance reader.

3.5/5 stars

Purchase from Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment