Thursday, October 29, 2015

Review: Heartsong Cottage (Eternity Springs #10) by Emily March



Book Blurb:

Daniel Garrett is no stranger to heartache or tragedy. Once a successful detective, his world fell apart with his son's murder and his wife's suicide. Leaving the police force, Daniel devotes his life to finding missing children, but when a case goes sour on the anniversary of his personal tragedy, he returns to Eternity Springs hoping for some of the town's fabled healing.

Shannon O'Toole isn't looking for romance. After her fiancé's death, she closed off her heart. But she can't deny the spark between her and a sexy stranger at a friend's wedding. Shannon has her own secrets and has no place in her life for a private detective, even one who moves her as much as Daniel. But when the pair are thrown together on a case, the magic of Eternity Springs just might give them a second chance.

My Review:

Emily March took me right into the community of Eternity Springs and Daniel and Shannon's lives in Heartsong Cottage.  I felt like I was right there with them!

Heartsong Cottage has it all...a little suspense, lots of romance, hope, heart ache, love, and joy.  Emily evokes powerful emotions with her writing.  She writes about a difficult, tragic subject sensitively and realistically.  She drew me right into the lives of Daniel and Shannon.  I really enjoyed these mature, believable characters.  They both have tragedy and loss in their pasts, and have dealt with it the best way they can.  Shannon is still fearful and always looking over her shoulder.  Daniel's past has driven him to where he is today.  Both of them are ready to move on from the past, but it is not going to be easy.   The relationship that develops between them is unexpected and slow growing.  This fits perfectly with the plot because these characters can't be rushed.  I liked watching their relationship grow, wondering if they have finally found what they need in Eternity Springs.

The plot flows well and is well explained with just enough mystery seeping through it.  The secondary characters are many who I have 'met' before in Emily March's Eternity Springs series, and I enjoyed seeing them again in the context of this plot.  While I think this book can be read as a stand alone, reading the whole series is highly recommended because all of the people who live here are worth getting to know.  It's a place I'd love to be!

I loved, loved how Emily March wraps up Heartsong Cottage in an unanticipated but highly fitting way that left me teary and feeling good.  I'd highly recommend Heartsong Cottage to any romance reader!

5/5 stars!

Purchase from Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment