Monday, May 18, 2015

Bride by Mistake (Montana Born Brides Book 3) by Nicole Helm


Book Blurb:

Wedding fever has hit the little town of Marietta…

And Kaitlin Shuller’s groom of her dreams is marrying someone else… her sister.

Worst day ever. Her heart is broken, and all her carefully laid plans destroyed. Enter Beckett Larson, her older brother’s best friend and a very good bad decision.

Beckett has spent his life trying to outrun his bad reputation, but everyone already thinks the worst of him, so when Kaitlin offers herself to him — virginity and all— he just can’t say no.

But one night together has permanent consequences, and this time Beckett knows he can’t outrun his bad boy reputation. He’s determined to make Kaitlin his bride…even if he has to seduce her down the aisle.

My Review:

Nicole Helm packs a lot of emotion into Bride By Mistake.  In the span of this fast paced novella, I was very entranced by Kaitlin and Beckett's story.  

Kaitlin and Beckett have always had an underlying, unacknowledged attraction to one another.  Kaitlin was fixated on someone else, someone she thought she loved and who would make her life stable and perfect...only she had never addressed these feelings and the other person was completely unaware.  She feels like her heart is broken, and she has trouble trusting herself and her feelings now.  Beckett is the town's bad boy, and no matter what he does, some people will always think of him as that.  He's grown a lot from the boy he was though, and Kaitlin seems to be the only person who sees it.  When an unexpected hot night gives them something so much more, Beckett and Kaitlin will have to find a way to move forward - together or apart...although if Beckett has his say they will be together.

Kaitlin is so obviously a very young, inexperienced character.  Sometimes I felt so frustrated with her, and yet at other times she did exactly the right thing (in my opinion!), and not the way I've seen a lot of female heroine's handle a similar situation.  So as young and immature as she is at times, she grows very quickly and admirably in Bride By Mistake.  I really felt a lot for Beckett.  His character really tugged at my heart and I just really felt for him and liked him.  I liked that he is determined to do what he feels is right...but not just because of that, but because he loves Kaitlin.  He sticks even when everyone expects the worst of him.  The way he was treated at times I wouldn't have blamed him if he gave up and left, but he is so much stronger and braver than that!  He did charge in and insert himself in Kaitlin's life, and I could see why he did that even if it was a bit much at times.  Together they not only push each others buttons but really need to work on communicating and not assuming things.  I found myself really hoping things would work out for them.  They have great chemistry together!

I enjoyed the sub plot about Beckett and Luke (Kaitlin's brother) and I really hope to see this carried forward in the next Montana Born Brides book.

I liked the pace and length of this novella.  Kaitlin and Beckett already know each other, so their relationship development was believable.

Another thing I like about the Montana Born Brides series is that they can all be read as stand alones, but you still see characters from the other books in each of them.

I feel that Bride By Mistake is a well written, enchanting novella that I'd recommend to any romance reader!

4/5 stars

Purchase from Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment